30.10.11

Halloween Special Part 2

Today's special is the completed version of my project. Finally after two months of hard work and various trips to Micheals, and the local costume shop I had a costume that I was proud to parade at a Halloween Bash this weekend. For those of you curious I made most if not all the costume, from the spider infested flower bouquet to the wig and veil. The wig was the most cumbersome but the wedding dress had it's fair share of woes and victories.


I originally purchased the hand made wedding dress at value village for a total of $20 (not surprisingly this was the cheapest used wedding dress available.) After soaking dress for a good hour in blue die, I began to splatter the bottom with diluted black ink before taking an exacto knife to the hem of dress to give it that "torn I've been dead and buried for a century look." After that it was a matter of sewing on straps. Overall wrecking the wedding dress was the best part of the project.



Every bride needs a pair of good shoes and a lovely flower bouquet
Took this by accident and found it to be creepy so naturally I' thought to share it.
.  
The fruits of my labor. The entire thing took two hours to put together, (most of it was painting make up on my face, back and arms). It took about the same amount of time to get off. I'm never underestimating cream foundation ever again.
Besties hanging out

No comments:

Post a Comment