13.7.11

Nature Inspired Jewelery

Surprise double week posting!
Seeing as I'll be running away to San Francisco for the next two weeks it's likely that I won't even bother posting anything till the beginning of August so hence the additional posting for this week.
Celebrating the fact it's summer I decided to give crack at some summer themed jewelery. Here are the results.


Wind in the Willows Necklace
The main inspiration behind this piece is the children book, "Wind in the Willows." by Kenneth Grahame. The piece is handmade with glass leaf beads and green pearls.

A close up.


Dobet Gnahore Inspiration
An African inspired piece named after one of my favorite artists Dobet Gnahore. You can check out one of her tunes Samahani

The necklace was constructed with leaf shaped pearls, small red wooden beads and polymer clay beads that I created to imitate stone.


A Winter's Garden
Not summer themed but pretty regardless. I made this a few months back.

Close up

 

No comments:

Post a Comment